TSS 482 Nomination
Skilling Australians Fund
From 12 August 2018, in addition to the nomination application fee, annual Skill Australians Fund (SAF) is applied for TSS subclass 482 visa, for business with a turnover of:
- less than $10M – the amount of contribution is $1,200 per year and
- $10m or more – the amount of contribution is $1,800 per year.
The TSS visa comprised of a short-term stream of up to two years, and a medium-term stream of up to four years. All sponsorships (including start ups and accredited sponsors) will be approved for a period of 5 years.
Requirement to approve as a Standard Business Sponsor
The business must demonstrate that:
- The Applicant is lawfully operating a business (whether in or outside Australia) (R2.59(c))
- Either: (a) there is no adverse information known to immigration about the applicant or a person associated with the applicant; or (b) it is reasonable to disregard any adverse information known to immigration about the applicant or a person associated with the application (R2.59(g)); and
- If the applicant is lawfully operating a business outside Australia and does not lawfully operate a business in Australia – the applicant is seeking to be approved as a standard business sponsor in relation to a holder of, or an applicant or a proposed applicant (the visa applicant) for, a subclass 482 visa, and the applicant intends for the visa holder or visa applicant to: (a) establish, or assist in establishing, on behalf of the applicant, a business operation in Australia with overseas connections; or (b) fulfil, or assist in fulfilling, a contractual obligation of the applicant (R2.59(h))
- If the applicant is lawfully operating a business in Australia – the applicant has attested, in writing, that the applicant has a strong record of, or a demonstrated commitment to: (a) employing local labour; and (b) non-discriminatory employment practices (R2.59(f)).
Accredited business sponsor
If a business seeks “accredited” status, it will need to meet additional criteria, pursuant to Ministerial Direction 52 pursuant to s499 of the Act. Once the status is obtained, a sponsorship agreement is for 6 years. It will allow such sponsor to receive priority processing of all future nomination applications and visa applications for the length of the sponsorship agreement.